COVID-19 // School Updates
As a school we are committed to the safety of our Springs Christian Academy community and have been communicating updates with our school community as information has been made available. Below are the communications to our parents as well as additional resources pertaining to Covid-19.
Email Communications to SCA Families
Memos related to Covid-19
2020/2021 School Year
Memos related to Covid-19
2019-2020 School Year
- Mar 12 // Ms Fuller, Re: COVID-19 email
- Mar 13 // Mr Meyer, Re: Absences
- Mar 16 // Ms Fuller, Re: School closure
- Mar 17 // Ms Fuller, Re: Preschool Closure
- Mar 19 // Ms Fuller, Re: Elementary Distance Learning
- Mar 20 // Mr Meyer, Re: High school Distance Learning
- Mar 23 // Mrs Piper, Re: Preschool
- Mar 28 // Ms Fuller + Mr Meyer, Re: School Closure Update
- Mar 31 // Ms Fuller + Mr Meyer, Re: School Update
- Apr 6 // Mr Seemann, Re: School Update
- Apr 8 // Mr Meyer, Re: High School Distance Learning
- Apr 8 // Mr Meyer, Re: Grad 2020 Families
- Apr 14 // Mr Meyer, Re: Locker Cleanouts/Pickups @Youville
- Apr 14 // Ms Fuller, Re: SCA Distance Learning
- Apr 15 // Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living, Re: Suspension of Immunization Program for the 2019/20 School Year
- Apr 16 // Mrs Piper, Re: Preschool Covid-19 Update
- Apr 28 // Ms Fuller and Mr Meyer, Re: Distance Learning update
- Apr 29 // Mr Meyer, Re: HS Report Cards and Course Selection
- May 5 // Ms Fuller, Note from the Principal
- May 26 // Mr Meyer, Re: Grade 12 Graduation Announcement
- May 27 // Mr Meyer, Re: SCA High School Teacher Meet Ups – June 2nd
- May 28 // Ms Fuller, Note from the Principal
- May 29 // Ms Fuller, Note from the Principal
- Jun 10 // Ms Fuller, Re: Note from the Principal
- Jun 10 // Ms Fuller and Mr Meyer, Re: June 2020 Events
COURAGEOUS FAITH // Pastor Leon Fontaine unpacking Joshua 1:6. Courage doesn’t mean fear isn’t pushing at you, courage is your faith-filled action in face of that fear! It’s a choice you make, not an emotion you simply feel.
“How to safely use a non-medical mask or face covering”
published by the Public Health Agency of Canada
>> Website link
In the midst of all that’s happening in the world, it can be easy to give into feelings of fear and anxiety. Miracle Channel has made a collection of resources to help you fight the fight to stay in faith!
October 22, 2020 RE: Code Orange, Changes for October 26th
Dear SCA Families,
You may have heard that our school, like all schools in the Winnipeg Metropolitan region, have been moved into code orange, starting on Monday, October 26th. We will put into action a plan that we had in place in the event of this occurrence. The good news is that very little will change for our school as a whole, because we have the space to accommodate all of our students in our buildings 2 metres apart. Our biggest change is that we will reconfigure the K-Gr 3 classrooms to comply with the new expected physical distancing protocol. Grades 4-12 are already spaced in a physically distant manner. We are so thankful that we can accommodate these restrictions and continue to allow all of our students to continue learning at school, 5 days a week.
We will continue to offer remote learning for those students with medical conditions or those exhibiting COVID like symptoms. While Winnipeg is at a restricted orange level, if you strongly feel for your family’s safety that your child would benefit from learning at home, please contact your child’s teacher and we will make that accommodation. Your child would be participating in class by joining their classroom through Google Meets. This would require you to have a device at home to follow along. If you choose to go this route, you must email your child’s teacher to let them know by Monday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 am at the latest. Keep in mind, in our opinion, the best education takes place in the classroom.
We love the changing seasons. Leaves start out as a bud and grow into a beautiful green leaf. As winter nears, they change colour and fall to the ground. Leaves remind us that change is part of life. While going through these changing times, we are so thankful for God’s peace in every situation. We are thankful we can share God’s Word and HOPE with our students each day. We encourage you to continue to speak life, health, hope, faith and love, in Jesus name, over your home each day.
Kim Fuller and Wesley Meyer
Springs Christian Academy
12 great tips on managing stress during quarantine, put together by our wonderful school and church counsellor, Mrs. Brandt.
Please feel free to contact her at email@example.com if you are experiencing anxiety or fear and would like to talk to somebody about it.
START DATES FOR 2020/21 SCHOOL YEAR
Please note our start dates for the 2020-2021 school year.
Check out our on-line calendar.
Teachers return on September 2nd to train and prepare for our students’ return.
Meet the teacher days for Grades 1-12 (more info to come)
Tuesday, September 8th – 9:00 -12:00 (Grades 1-7)
Wednesday, September 9th – 9:00 -12:00 (Grades 1-6, 8-12)
Kindergarten Meet the teacher and assessment (more info to come)
Tuesday, September 8th – 9:00 -11:00 & 1:00 -3:00
Wednesday, September 9th – 9:00 -11:00 & 1:00 -3:00
Preschool Meet the teacher (more info to come)
Tuesday, September 8th – 9:00 -12:00
Wednesday, September 9th – 9:00 -12:00
First full days of school PS – Grade 12
Thursday, September 10th
Links to check out for more information